Family-Owned vs Corporate Chain
What is the difference between a family-owned funeral home and a funeral home that is part of a corporate chain?
Unfortunately, national funeral chains and their affiliated funeral homes (which deceptively keep the original name) are governed by rigid commercial agendas and programs. Their staff is under tremendous pressure to meet inflexible thresholds of sales goals; failure to do so results in rapid staff turnover. A corporation’s short-term financial goals aim to grow its sales volume, raise its prices, and maintain as productive a staff as possible.
Alternatively, a family-owned operation such as ours has the benefit of working toward flexible, thoughtful, and creative long-term goals, including:
- taking to heart feedback from local families we have served and adjusting and improving our practices and products to better accommodate needs and desires
- pricing that reflects the economic realities of our community
- keeping money local by investing back into our community, banking locally, supporting local charities, and organizing local community events.
- establishing a strong company culture based on family values, open communication, and reliable collaboration
- providing flexibility, commitment, and stability for lifetime career development to our employees in order to promote workplace satisfaction and therefore excellent customer service
- encouraging trust, creativity, and responsibility among team leaders to freely build and improve our business based on direct experience with the families we serve
- developing a high level of public trust, as we are your neighbors and friends
- financially sponsoring and supporting grief support groups including Golden Willow and Gerard’s House
Rivera’s Pre-Planning Consultants can help provide guidance and insights necessary to help you and your family create a meaningful funeral experience that both honors the life of your loved one and starts your family on the path to healing.
Why should I choose a family-owned and operated funeral home?
Somos Familia at Rivera Family Funerals & Cremations
Our #1 priority is providing a compassionate customer experience – not fulfilling a corporate-chain experience whose priority is the financial transaction to maximize return for shareholders. Because our heritage and roots are from New Mexico, we understand the needs of bereaved families of Northern New Mexico. With our understanding of the richness of our local culture, we are able to help families navigate the painful, complex process of grief, as well as create personalized, meaningful funeral and memorial services that honor the sacred life stories of our friends, neighbors, and loved ones who have passed.
Rivera Family Funerals & Cremations is the ONLY family-owned and operated funeral home in Santa Fe, Taos, Espanola and Los Alamos. Our focus is a business policy based on long-term relationships rather than national growth. We are proud to be family-owned and operated and we treat every customer as if they were a part of our family. We aim to reinvest our income, energy, time, and talents into our local communities, so that together, nestled in the beautiful place we call home, we can share in the precious cycle of caretaking and love.